Friday, February 3, 2012

OMS OA PASSED!

YEP. Talk about nervous. For those who haven't done an OA before... it was enough to churn my stomach. But guess what? I passed.

My day started at 5 AM. I woke up (didn't get much sleep) and prepared myself for the long morning. I got to the testing location at abut 6:40 AM. I signed the NDA and other forms and then the assessment began.

I will go into more detail if people want it but I think its been talked about at length elsewhere. Let's just say, I wish I practiced the writing portion more. It was harder than I thought and I didn't pass it. I assumed the prompt would be simplier since we were given 45 minutes. I wasn't exactly right about that. The Structured Interview went very well but I am curious what I scored on it. I think the key is to really know your resume and to talk about your actions

Anyhow, I am in a great mood. I scored a 5.3 which means I need a plan to get Chinese to level 2 within 18 months.

Until next time....  再见

2 comments:

  1. Whoa -- congratulations! You can totally make it with Chinese! So happy for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!

    I am hoping that the register normalizes to some degree. I might be able to make it without the points perhaps.

    ReplyDelete