Sunday, February 5, 2012

BBQ Diplomacy


People have asked me why the blog is called "French Fry Diplomacy." First off, its a catchy name. Second, and more important, I was referencing BBQ Diplomacy. LBJ's first state dinner as president was a Texas style BBQ rather than a black tie super formal gathering. 


Now, I love me some pulled pork but the take away for me was the casualness that diplomacy can work in. People think of Diplomats as very straight edge black tie kind of people. Maybe there lies some truth to that. Diplomacy on the other hand is more than the protocols and rituals, though.  To me, nothing is more casual than french fries (with some Heinz 57, of course). Also, nothing is more American.

So... little more than a catchy name. But still, I didn't put too much thought into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment