Sunday, September 11, 2011

10 Years Ago

At lot has changed in my life over the past 10 years. I remember being in my high school U.S. History class and literally watching history being made as I saw the second tower collapse on live TV.

That moment has had such a great impact on the past decade. This really be the 9/11 decade in a lot of ways. (The War on Terror, the loss of privacy, etc.) I was in Pittsburgh that day and, today, I am literally writing this article within walking distance to the Pentagon. Thinking about what happened here, in NYC, and in PA is really thought provoking.

Part of the reason I came to DC for college was a result of 9/11. It is also part of the reason I am looking to represent the U.S. overseas. It was a horrible day but I do hope that we learn and grow from it.

1 comment: