Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Internship Update (so many updates)

It appears I didn't get offered anything in Africa. Per the offical State forum, it looks like you are only offically offer one position. So if you get an email saying you are an alternate to one office you applied to, that's it. In my case, that is as an alternate in China. I'm not sure if African Affairs even selected anyone yet (since no one online has heard anything from them as of today) but I will just assume I am a alternate. So, I will have to wait and hope whoever the primary candidate is will for whatever reason not work out.

Also, the funny thing about the China position is that its in Cantonese territory. My luck, right?

My other option is to apply for the Fall since my school schedule is flexible. I have a higher GPA now and Fall seems to be less competitive.

No comments:

Post a Comment