Wednesday, May 23, 2012

New Computer?

The State Department people recommend against making any major purchase before you find out where you are going. No cars, furniture, TVs, etc. However, I recently ran into an issue with my laptop. It seems to have gotten to that age where new games I want to play doesn't work. It still works fine but I have been thinking about getting a nice desktop to supplement my laptop. It would be nice to have a real computer again and organize a home office of sorts. Is it worth the risk of buying one? I could, in theory, go somewhere where I can't bring it... or it won't work. Though, I think this is pretty unlikely and I want to be able to enjoy it now if I do get one.

Anyhow, since Apple doesn't make regular Macbooks anymore... and I don't want to get a MacBook Pro. I pretty much have two options: iMac or Mac Mini.

Mac Mini does not come with the monitor.
The iMac will run $999 or $1419 (21in screen with 500 GB or 27in screen with 1TB. Refurbished prices)
The Mac Mini will run $799. (No monitor with 500 GB)

It normally would make sense to just get the 21in iMac but I could instead get the Mac Mini and buy a regular TV. That can be an extra TV and monitor. I am leaning to one of the iMac but we shall see.

Choices....

EDIT: I bought the $999 iMac.

No comments:

Post a Comment